Lumberghast - First Person Shooter (Independent Release on 1/5/23) (Dark Synthwave/Industrial Electronics)

I skimmed over the press release for First Person Shooter. I never read the press releases on first listen; I don't want to be influenced. I prefer to judge the music for its own merit. I recently said this in a review for a blackened deathcore band, so same applies here. But I did take a skim and was intrigued. Before I say anything about the music, let me award Lumberghast with 270 million points just for this important fact alone. You're a wrestler. Just for that reason alone, I'm promoting you. Not that you need some silly fucker's points from up north, but I digress. I better behave, or I'll start to nerd off about all the different wrestling leagues I watch and shit.

 

Ok, so First Person Shooter (another cool reference, one of my favorite genres to play) sounds like bad and rad dark drum n bass. DnB is one of the few electronic genres I like, or the only electronic genre I like, because of the mentioned sub-genre, which is much more darker and less commercial compared to other aspects of electronic styles.  


Anyway, I'm getting side tracked, so back to Lumberghast. Tbh, this is fire. Constant tempo and rhythm, classic dnb fused with aggressive beats and dirty gutter effects to portray a sinister sci-fi dystopian setting. Pretty beautifully nasty and the riffs coming in from the guitars just add the finishing flavor. First Person Shooter runs so fast, you will forget you have already gone through the album a few times. One thing I kept saying to myself after each listen was 'man, need to listen again'. It is immersive. If you like any kind of dark music, or appreciate sinister sci-fi and such, then you will be hooked on First Person Shooter. Doom Eternal had a solid soundtrack. This is up there with it. If you're rich enough to be able to play 40K, play this when you are charging your legions across the table. Yes, I'm off again in nerd world aren't I, but First Person Shooter had me very stoked.

 

First Person Shooter is also good music to train too, so would definitely bump this instead of having to put up with the reality pop crap auto tunes shite blasted out all over the gyms. 

 

On the production side of things. Beats are clear and samples are nice and crisp. They are distinguishable and each track doesn't just fade into the other, so it avoids the pitfalls of sounding like one long track.

 

The run time is ideally placed. Just enough to leave you foaming at the mouth and wanting more. It will wet the appetite and you will want to hear the next release asap. I've never wanted to be a Sith so much and destroy shitty Jedi whilst listening to First Person Shooter. Yes, I'm off again, can't help getting excited.


Verdict: The feel of First Person Shooter is ideally filled with turbulent tremors and nightmares, which suited the flow and atmosphere. So, if you dig nightmarish and horror sci-fi filled worlds, then do not, do not pass on First Person Shooter. A worthy soundtrack for the imagination and a very fine piece of high adrenalin music.  

 

Follow:

Facebook

 

 

 

 

About Fed Up

Mosh Shinobi is an independent YouTube channel featuring Ninja/Samurai, martial arts, and action movie content.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment